16 Things to Do in Austin This Summer11 Jun Caroline
Make the most of summer break with your kiddos! These fun Austin experiences will encourage them to laugh, learn and grow — While keeping the entire family entertained.
1. Austin Aquarium | 13530 N Highway 183
Thousands of species can be found at the Austin Aquarium from sharks and stingrays to mermaids on some days!
2. Austin Nature & Science Center | 2389 Stratford Dr
Hands-on educational exhibits and recreational activities at Austin Nature & Science Center promote the appreciation of the city’s natural environment.
3. Austin Rock Gym | 8300 N Lamar Suite B 102
Get rocking at the Austin Rock Gym, the only space in the city dedicated to rock climbing. Comprehensive climbing lessons are available.
4. Austin Zoo | 10808 Rawhide Trl
The Austin Zoo is a non-profit rescue zoo that has plenty of wildlife for families to enjoy.
5 .Beachside Billy’s | 16107 FM2769
On the shores of Volente Beach sits Beachside Billy’s, a waterpark with exciting rides, excellent food, and beautiful sunset views.
6. Boggy Creek Farm | 3414 Lyons Rd
Austin’s original urban farm offers fresh produce, eggs, dairy, meat, and canned goods.
7. Bob Bullock Texas History Museum | 1800 Congress Ave
Discover the story of Texas at this museum that offers IMAX experiences, interactive exhibits, and more.
8. Dinosaur Park | 893 Union Chapel Rd
This outdoor museum adventure features realistic life-size dinosaurs on a tree-lined natura trail. Other activities include a fossil dig, playground, and picnic area.
9. Jumpoline Park | Various Locations
Family fun packages, party packages, and teen nights are offered at Jumpoline Park. Jump around obstacle courses, bounce houses, giant slides and more!
10. Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center | 4801 La Crosse Ave
Find a carefully grown slew of native plants at this sprawling garden, just ten miles outside of downtown Austin.
11. Pioneer Farms | 10621 Pioneer Farms Dr
Explore six themed historic areas and get to know some Texas history with self-guided walking tours at Pioneer Farms.
12. Rock’N River Family Aquatic Center | 3300 Palm Valley Blvd | Website
A lazy river, wacky slides, and water playground can be found within Old Settler’s Park. A zero beach entry play area, floor geysers, water cannon, and tipping buckets keep kids occupied all day.
13. Round Rock Express | 3400 E Palm Valley Blvd
Take your kids out to the ballgame and participate in America’s favorite pastime at a Round Rock Express minor league game!
14. Schlitterbahn Waterpark | 400 N Liberty Ave
Situated on over 70 acres on the Comal River, Schlitterbahn offers over 51 attractions at their New Braunfels flagship location.
15. The Escape Game | 405 Red River St
Get a group together and use clues to make your way out of one of the themed rooms at The Escape Game. Beat the time to win!
16. The Thinkery | 1830 Simond Ave
Science meets fun at The Thinkery in Mueller! Kids can connect with ideas by doing, making, and experiencing things.